Pasadena Texas Tort Claims Act Attorney | Lawyers that Sue Pasadena or Texas
Pasadena Texas Tort Claims Act lawyers may pursue cases against state the Texas, the City of Pasadena or Harris County, Texas. In order to accomplish this task, they must follow the rules set forth in the Texas Tort Claims Act.
- Sec. 101.021. Governmental Liability.
- Sec. 101.0211. No Liability for Joint Enterprise.
- Sec. 101.0215. Liability of a Municipality.
- Sec. 101.022. Duty Owed: Premise and Special Defects.
- Sec. 101.023. Limitation on Liability on Amount of Liability.
- Sec. 101.024. Exemplary Damages.
- Sec. 101.025. Waiver of Governmental Immunity Permission to Sue.
- Sec. 101.026. Individual's Immunity Preserved.
- Sec. 101.027. Liability Insurance.
- Sec. 101.028. Workers' Compensation Insurance.
- Sec. 101.029. Liability for Certain Conduct of State Prison Inmates.
- Sec. 101.051. School and Junior College Districts Partially Excluded.
- Sec. 101.052. Legislative.
- Sec. 101.053. Judicial.
- Sec. 101.054. State Military Personnel.
- Sec. 101.055. Certain Governmental Functions.
- Sec. 101.056. Discretionary Powers.
- Sec. 101.057. Civil Disobedience and Intentional Torts.
- Sec. 101.058. Landowner's Liability.
- Sec. 101.059. Attractive Nuisances.
- Sec. 101.060. Traffic and Road Control Devices.
- Sec. 101.061. Tort Committed Before January 1, 1970.
- Sec. 101.062. 9-1-1 Emergency Service.
- Sec. 101.063. Members of Public Health District.
- Sec. 101.064. Land Acquired Under Foreclosure of Lien.
- Sec. 101.065. Negligence of Off-Duty Law Enforcement Officers.
- Sec. 101.066. Computer Date Failure.
- Sec. 101.067. Graffiti Removal.
Sec. 101.101. Notice.
- ALSO NOTE - That Harris County, Texas has an additional Notice provision. It reads:
The City of Pasadena shall not be held responsible on account of any claim for damages or injuries to any person, (whether such damages or injuries resulted in death or not), or property unless the person making such complaint or claiming such damages or injuries shall, within six months after the time in which it is claimed such damages or injuries were inflicted upon such person or property, file with the City Secretary a true statement as to the nature and character of such damages or injuries, the extent of the same, and the place where same happened, the circumstances under which it happened, the conditions causing same, and a detailed statement of each item of damages and the amount thereof and, if it be for personal injuries, whether resulting in death or not, giving a list of witnesses, if any, known to affiants who witnessed such accident.
The City of Pasadena shall not be liable to any person for damages caused from streets, ways, crossings, bridges, culverts or sidewalks being out of repair because of negligence of said City unless the same shall have remained so for a reasonable time after special notice in writing is given to the Mayor and City Council.
The City of Pasadena shall not be liable to any person for damages sustained in any park, playground or public building belonging to said City or because of any apparatus, furnishings, fixtures or improvements thereon or thereupon situated being defective or out of repair unless the same shall have remained so for a reasonable time after special notice in writing is given to the Mayor and City Council.
The City of Pasadena shall never be liable to any contractor or other person, firm or corporation doing work in connection with any street paving, or the opening and widening of streets, or the building of any drains or storm sewers, or the laying of sanitary sewers or any other character of public improvement, whereby a part or the whole of the cost thereof is to be paid for by special assessment, on account of the failure of any officer of the government or the members of the Council to pass suitable ordinances or resolutions to take necessary steps to fix liens, or to make said assessments, or to issue certificates therefor, or to provide for reassessments on account of the invalidity of any lien attempted to be fixed, or any failure or omission with respect thereto.
1211 Southmore Avenue 115
Pasadena, TX 77502
- Sec. 101.102. Commencement of Suit.
- Sec. 101.103. Legal Representation.
- Sec. 101.104. Evidence of Insurance Coverage.
- Sec. 101.105. Settlement.
- Sec. 101.106. Election of Remedies.
- Sec. 101.107. Payment and Collection of Judgment.
- Sec. 101.108. Ad Valorem Taxes for Payment of Judgment.
- Sec. 101.109. Payment of Claims against Certain Universities.
Please visit our Federal Tort Claims Act Lawyer page for an understanding of the difference between the state action and the federal action.
Pasadena attorneys that sue the City of Pasadena, or Harris County or the state of Texas Serve
Clients throughout Southeastern Texas, including Brookside Village, Channelview, Clear Lake, Cloverleaf, Deer Park, Edgebrook, Friendswood, Galena Park, Harrisburg - Manchester, Highlands, Houston, Jacinto City, Kemah, La Porte, League City, Lynchburg, Morgan's Point, Nassau Bay, Pasadena, Pearland, Seabrook, Southbelt - Ellington, South Houston, Taylor Lake Village, Webster and other communities in Harris County.